- Sunglasses are very necessary when it comes to taking a boat tour, ATV, or if you are going to spend time at the beach. It will avoid getting your eyes irritated.
- Mosquito repellent, it would be a good idea to buy it in Costa Rica because, for some reason, some insect repellents don’t work against bugs in Costa Rica.
- A long sleeve t-shirt is a good idea for hiking in open areas, kayaking, and boat tours. This way, you can avoid using so much sunscreen on your skin.
- Open shoes for walking around in town, kayaking, boat tours, and on the beach.
- Hiking shoes, are definitely the best way to go when hiking in the forest, to avoid any crawling creatures to have easy access to your feet, for gripping, and to protect your feet in case you hit a rock or step on spines. Some places are muddy or rocky in the rainforest.
- Flip-flops to walk on the beach, in town, at the pool, or at your hotel or accommodation.
- A rain poncho, which can be bought in Costa Rica too, is essential during the rainy season, besides it is very light to carry around.
- Dry bag, very useful to protect electronics during your hikes, tours, or just walking around. It can keep your clothing and important documents dry, too.
- Fast-drying clothing (dry fit) is always a good idea for your activities.
- Splittable long pants, are very useful since you have two in one. Let’s say you have a hiking tour in the rain forest, but you must take a boat (wet landing) to get there, the best would be to have the chance to leave short pants to get on the boat and then put them back together once you reach the place of the hike.
- Sunscreen is vital to taking care of your skin, it is easy to get sunburned in Costa Rica.
- Antibiotic cream is the best way to treat bug bites, some people discover how allergic they can be to bug bites when they visit Costa Rica.
- Swimming clothing, even though you don’t go to the beach during your visit to Costa Rica, there are places where you can swim, during a hike close to a river, in hot springs, or just sunbathe at the pool of your accommodation.
- A microfiber towel is an excellent way to keep your luggage light, it does not need much space and does its job very well.
- Band-aid for blisters would be very helpful if you intend to hike while in Costa Rica.
- Small backpack, to go on tours or just to simply go around with things that you need like water, camera, and so on.
- Reusable water bottle, in Costa Rica, there are many places where you can refill your bottle all the time, in your hotel, in restaurants, or during the tours, there can be a place to refill your bottle with drinkable water. This way you collaborate with the environment.
From Monteverde to Drake Bay or Puerto Jimenez by Bus in one day
In this piece of information we put together the bus connections and timing, and schedules of the buses to make it from Monteverde to Drake Bay or Puerto Jimenez. Read the information whole because it might look that it loses its sense but I promise it does not.